Those of us here at Boyle Transportation are very pleased that we are among the 2015 Best Fleets to Drive For ®. This is a great tribute to all of our workforce and our approach to people in general. Here, we believe in the golden rule of treating people as we would like to be treated ourselves. Our drivers value safety and professionalism and we offer a superior work environment and lifestyle with guaranteed compensation. Our motto is "Work Well. Live Well. Earn Well, Guaranteed." Find out more at driveBoyle.com
2015 Best Fleets to Drive For®
Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge of Markham, Ontario, have selected 20 trucking companies from across North America as the 2015 Best Fleets to Drive For. The 7th annual survey and contest identifies for-hire trucking companies that provide the best workplace experiences for their drivers.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, a company operating 10 trucks or more had to be nominated by at least one of its company drivers or owner operators. CarriersEdge then interviewed human resources representatives and executives of the nominated fleets about their corporate direction, policies, and programs. Nominated fleets were evaluated against a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, such as:
- Total compensation package - including base pay, bonuses, vacation, and sick day allotment
- Health benefits
- Pension plans
- Professional development opportunities (training, coaching programs, etc.)
- Career path/advancement opportunities
- Commitment to employee personal growth, including work/life balance, driver family support, and employee-directed charitable contributions
- Commitment to continuous improvement, including dispute resolution processes and inclusion of driver feedback in policymaking
- Team building and driver community development activities
- Annual driver turnover rate and efforts to improve
- Fleet safety record
A selection of each fleet's drivers was also surveyed, with their feedback compared to management's and incorporated into the final score. The responses were then tallied, resulting in the selection of this year's winners and honorable mentions.
A shout out and big thank you to our professional driver teams who nominated us!